[vdr] video0 asymetrie

Hello Klaus,

if I remember right, you are working on the selection on which HD to
write next (put togethter a recording on one disk if possible; and a
faster way to collect the recoring list/tree???). Does this kill the
asymetrie of /video0?
If not, may I suggest something that shuld be easy to realize if you
work there anyway:

If disks are running full (wich is always the case, no matter how many
space you have ;-)  eventually video0 will have 0 bytes free space.
Then no epg data can be stored,  resume files are dead, and most
important:  no further recordings are possible, even if  gigabytes of
space become available on video1....
Unfortunatly I lost (or better: didn`t get) some recordings because of this.

My suggestion:
Use /video0 last and don`t ever use the last say 100MB for mpeg data.

Then in the worst case, one loses the last two or three minutes of a
broken recording, but don`t break epg and resume.
End of space for new recordings is something every family member
understands,  why this breaks other functionality is not clear to non
technicians.

Greetings

    Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index