[vdr] Re: why doesnt vdr name an instant recording with the information from the epg data?

Hans-Hermann Redenius schrieb:
> Ansgar Jonietz wrote:
> > BTW: What's about Showview-Support in VDR?
> > Sometimes it is necessary to create a timer when no EPG info is
> > available, and Showview would simplify this procedure. You only have to
> > enter one number in which channel, date, time etc. is decoded.
>
> Okay, buy a unlimited license and give it to Klaus ;-) .

Well, AFAIK Showview is secret, but the algorithm has been investigated
-- only seven- and eight-digit Showview numbers can still not decoded
safely. And programs for decoding a Showview-number to channel, date,
starttime and duration are published.
And I thought publishing a source code is a legal sort of expression of
opinion -- or have I misinterpreted the DeCSS proceedings??

Ansgar.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index