[vdr] MPEG2 Info (a little off topic but please excuse me ).

Hello, All

For some time now I've wanted to create my own VDR in linux.
But unfortunately using a DVB card is not an option for me (I live in an
apt.).
But what I did recently discover was the Creative labs Video blaster Digital
VCR (CT5882).
This card appears to have the NEC MPEG2 video encoder LSI model number (NEC
UPD61050 ) or
some variant of the above. I've looked every ware and I can't seem to find
any resource about
this component.  I was wonder if anyone had seen any information on this
chip? and if so could
some one pass this information my way. Also for those interested  I'm goanna
create an info page
about this card. the card supports MPEG2 encoding and decoding at the same
time.
It also has a linux supported TV tuner. Also what made this card stand out
was the fact that you can
get it for about $86 USD from online vendors.

Thanks,

Kevin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index