[vdr] Re: Display scanning while access recordings

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:37:46 +0100, Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
wrote:

> > Change the corresponding lines and it will be much faster.
>
> >> #define FINDCMD      "ls -d %s/*/%s %s/*/*/%s 2> /dev/null"
>
> i donīt know what you mean with "corresponding" lines

I don't have the original file available anymore so I couldn't provide a
diff or patch easily. But you simply have to replace in recording.c the
line with "#define FINDCMD" and the "sprintf..." with the lines I have
provided.

> - but i have another solution...
>
> in the background a small shell-Script run this find command every
> 30 Seconds and write it down to a file
> and my VDR donīt access to the find command directly -
> only to the file - thatīs the fastest opening
> Recording-Menue you ever see :-))))

That's true, but that's kind of brute-force. ;-)

I am fine for now with my solution which works pretty fast even with NFS
and a lot of recordings.
BTW, I have also modified the code further to have the more permanent
cutted recordings starting with "%" sorted to the end of the list. This
makes searching for the temporary recordings more convenient.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index