[vdr] Re: Picture freezes on some channels

On 04 Jan 2002 Cornelius Hald <hald@gmx.de> wrote:

> since 3 or 4 days, I have some problemes with my VDR-Box. If I switch to
> PRO7, SAT1, Kabel1 or DSF the picture freezes after some seconds. VDR is
> still responding. After another few seconds the driver is reloading and
> it works again for some seconds... Other channels like RTL are working
> without problemes.
>
> I know, all channels that are not working are simmilar to that:
>
> Pro-7:12480:v:0:27500:255:256;257:32:0:898
> Sat.1:12480:v:0:27500:1791:1792:34:0:46
>
> So, did they change s.th. on the transponder settings or may that be an
> hardware probleme, for example with the dish or the lnb, because it is
> so cold outside.

Most probably it's a hardware problem. I had the same problems
some time ago. I changed the LNB and the cable. Now it's fine
again.

May be it's a temperature problem. My old LNB stopped working
when turned off for a while (cooled down). I also heard that some
cheaper LNB have problem to hold polarisation when the voltage
level is not that exact (don't know how many volts the dvb card
outputs, should be 13 and 18). I think this is why only v
channels are involved.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan