[vdr] teletext add on for VDR

Hello!

I have develope a teletext add on for VDR. It is only a preview of a full version but it needs a lot of time to implement them. So please send me no wishes that i should implement.
You can find the diff at http://www.seyringer.priv.at/vdr_tele.diff.gz . It is based on the vdr-0.99pre1
you need also the mpeg2vidcodec_v12.tar.gz package from ftp://mm-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/multimedia/mpeg2/software/

How to install:
1) install mpeg2vidcodec_v12 and install it
2) install vdr-0.99pre1
3) patch the version
4) compile with the option TELETEXT=1
Example : make DVD=1 TELETEXT=1 REMOTE=LIRC
5) change to the mpeg2 directory in the vdr directory
6) change the convert.sh script that the paths are correct
7) now run vdr

to go into the teletext mode:
1) go to the channel you want to view. I hope you have set the correct TPID!!!!
2) wait a litte time, that it cache some pages
3) press [menu] and 2
4) now you have a black screen and no sound. look at your terminal windows. press now your side that you want to view
5) if the side is found at the cache it shows it
6) with up and down you can change the site +-1, with left right you change the subside

there is now no status information at the screen. You must look at your start terminal window.

Know problems: If you have more than one cards and the first card is not the primary card.

enjoy it!

Peter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index