[vdr] Re: AW: DVB-C Rev.2.1 and J2

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 05:12:56PM +0100, Matthias Fechner wrote:

> Hello Andreas,
>
> * Andreas Gebel <andreas@xcapenet.de> [05-01-02 08:44]:
> >
> > Are you sure, that RGB is displayed by the TV? Most TVs only display RGB
> > Input, when +5V is on pin 18 of the SCART connector, if not, composite is
> > displayed, so you will not see any difference between composite and composite.
>
> I can switch manual between composite and svhs.
> No difference, maybe is the Rev 2.1 better as the Rev 1.3 while using
> composite.

Hold on here. Between composite and svhs (its actually s-video)?! I'd like
to note here that a single SCART connector can provide the signals for
sound, composite, RGB/S-video. Thus the SCART either provides a RGB signal
or a S-video signal. If you select S-video from your TV set, the TV will
decide to use composite since there is no S-video signal (there's an RGB
signal). So again you are comparing composite to composite.

If you have two SCARTs in your TV set, the other one is probably an RGB
SCART and the other one a S-video SCART. Refer to your manual. I'd be very
interested in hearing about the difference.

> Bye
> Matthias

-- Lauri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index