[vdr] Re: page up/down in Menu screens

Hello Axel,

>> 2. In  the  timer  list  I  cannot  scroll pagewise. And the left/right
>>    buttons  have  another  function. Maybe vdr should use the volume +/-
>>    keys in all cases for scrolling page up/down instead of left/right?
>>    That  would  have  the  additional  advantage that one usually has an
>>    "arrow  up"  and  "arrow down" for volume keys on a remote and that's
>>    more  intuitive  when  this  is page up/down in the menus than having
>>    left/right buttons for "up/down".
AG> i dont like this idea because many people dont use the volume keys

Do  you have another idea how we can implement page up/down scrolling in
the timer list without the volume buttons? The timer active on/off (that
is  on left/right) could be only one button, so one button would be free
for another function. But that's not enough.

>> 3. It  would  be nice to have the commands in the command menu numbered
>>    exactly like the numbering in the main menu, so that I can directly
>>    start a command with pressing a number button.
AG> thatīs allready possible if you enter a number by yourselve in the commands.conf menue
AG> try it - it works

Oh, another thing that I only didn't know. BTW, is there a FAQ for vdr?

Tschau.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index