[vdr] Re: MPlayer+DXR3 and VDR integration

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 08:26:54AM +0100, Axel Gruber wrote:

> >> !!! They can't handle AC-3 over the S/PDIF!!!  Sorry, but read it
> >> somewhere ...
>
> I also think that itīs possible to use the SPDIF output for AC3 - look at
> the DVB2000 Project - the Mediamaster also only have a Spdif out and the Programmer
> made it only by software changes to make A ac3out out of it...
>
> But i donīt know how deep you have to go into the Software/Driver/Firmware....

The only way I see: you may embed AC-3 into a linear PCM stream (16bit/48kHz).
If and only if the AV7111 does not change this, you may be able to get this
PCM and the included AC-3 out on the S/P-DIF.  Most A/V receivers/amplifiers
with AC-3 decoder are able to handle this (if the sample rate of the included
digital data fits the same as the sample rate of the cover PCM).

And it would very nice if the analog audio out would be muted in that case to
have a longer life time of the speakers in the case if the analog out is routed
to them.

     Werner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index