[vdr] Re: maybe a bit OT: hardware ctrl-alt-del

Just an idea:
It should be possible to write a small daemon which runs in the backgroud
which observes (maybe once a second) one pin of the printer port. If this pin
is gounded (they should be pulled-up, so grounding should work) a softshutdown
will be initiated.

Greetings
Stefan.

> hi list!
>
> maybe a bit OT, but never the less related to vdr. ;)
> as i run my vdr machine as a stand alone pc with no
> keyboard or monitor (but ssh for remote control),
> i.d like to have a button which "emulates" the pressing
> of "ctrl-alt-del" in case the pc has stopped responding.
> this happens rarely, but it does. (pls. don.t ask why,
> i know the cause, but can.t solve it - and it.s not
> hardware related)
> i need the button. :)
>
> thanx!
>
> servus hannes!