[vdr] Re: maybe a bit OT: hardware ctrl-alt-del

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Tim Lapawa wrote:

TL> On a ATX System you might use the ACPI controller and the normal
TL> power off button to shut the system down. The scripts in
TL> /etc/acpi/events handle all ACPI events.

Yes, you just have to enable ACPI in Kernel (or as a module)
and install the acpid package (on sourceforge)

then you can configure what should be done on any acpi event (like
pressing the power button) I configured it to send the "hit power remote
control button" command via SVDRP to VDR. So VDR can decide if to shutdown
or not.

In case the box is not responding at all, it is maybe better to configure
acpid to call "shutdown -r now".

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de