[vdr] Re: DVD Playback

Quoting Christoph Ackermann (christophackermann@t-online.de):
> Szymon Polom <polom@convergence.de> wrote:

> > > first time i tried to play back a DVD with vdr. If i press playback in DVD menu, DVD drive spins up and the screen becomes black; after three or four seconds, the previous channel is active.
> > > I compiled vdr with libdvdread-0.9.2 and libdvdcss-1.0.0 without errors and i got a 'DVD' entry in the main menu and the content of the DVD. The device /dev/dvd exists!
> > > I have also set up the regioncode to 2 with dvd_disk utility from linuxtv.org for the new DVD drive. What is going wrong!

> > What Kernel version are you using?

> I use kernel 2.4.0 and SuSE 7.1

The Linux Kernel 2.4.0 has a bug in the IDE part of the uniform CD-ROM
driver (recognition of a cached (and obsolete) table of contents fails,
cause some funny guys removed this checkk). The bug has been fixed in 2.4.1.

For DVD Video under Linux 2.2.18 or 2.4.1 (and greater) are mandatory.

Please state if an upgrade helped.

Bye... Szymon.
--
Szymon Polom, Project Manager Middleware       GPG Key-ID: E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index