[vdr] Re: EPG Summary on channel switching?

Uwe Freese wrote:

> Hello Klaus,
>
> When  I  first  used VDR (an old version), I noticed that when switching
> channels,  the name of the current event appears, but -in contrast to a
> premiere box- the summary doesn't appear.
> In the actual version it's the same thing.
>
> Have you ever thought of displaying the summary when switching channels?
> (Maybe  only  a  part  of  it)? I  can imagine that it could be too much
> text/information. Maybe one should try this out.
>
> And the way that is implemented now to show the summary of the currently
> tv  show  is too complicated, I think. I want it appear automatically or
> by pression one single button.
>
> What do you think of this: vdr could show [nothing|one line|all] EPG
> info when switching channels (configurable) and shows all epg info (on
> current event) when pressing the blue button.
>
> Bye, Uwe.

I'd say it is best to leave the channel switching display as it is now,
since that's probably all the information that's of interest when switching
through the channels.

I'm considering introducing the concept of an "Info" button which could bring
up an informational page that is context sensitive, i.e. in normal viewing
mode it could bring the full description of the current programme.
But that's probably something for VDR version 1.x. Right now I'm tying up
all loose ends to put together a 1.0.0 version ;-)

Klaus