[vdr] AW: Re: EPG Summary on channel switching?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Uwe Freese wrote:
> >
> > Hello Klaus,
> >
> > When  I  first  used VDR (an old version), I noticed that
> when switching
> > channels,  the name of the current event appears, but -in
> contrast to a
> > premiere box- the summary doesn't appear.
> > In the actual version it's the same thing.
> >
> > Have you ever thought of displaying the summary when
> switching channels?
> > (Maybe  only  a  part  of  it)? I  can imagine that it
> could be too much
> > text/information. Maybe one should try this out.
> >
> > And the way that is implemented now to show the summary of
> the currently
> > tv  show  is too complicated, I think. I want it appear
> automatically or
> > by pression one single button.
> >
> > What do you think of this: vdr could show [nothing|one line|all] EPG
> > info when switching channels (configurable) and shows all
> epg info (on
> > current event) when pressing the blue button.
> >
> > Bye, Uwe.
>
> I'd say it is best to leave the channel switching display as
> it is now,
> since that's probably all the information that's of interest
> when switching
> through the channels.
>
> I'm considering introducing the concept of an "Info" button
> which could bring
> up an informational page that is context sensitive, i.e. in
> normal viewing
> mode it could bring the full description of the current programme.
> But that's probably something for VDR version 1.x. Right now
> I'm tying up
> all loose ends to put together a 1.0.0 version ;-)

How about using the 'ok'-button, while the event-info is up, to bring up
the summary? In the moment it is used to clear the event-info, which has
a timeout anyway, and the 'back'-button does the same job. I think it
would be quite intuitive to press 'ok' two times for the summary. It
would also be nice, if we could scroll through current and future
summary-pages with 'left' and 'right'. When on the summary-page, a
further 'ok' could bring back the tv-screen, so all could be done with
one button. Just an idea for 1.x ;-)

Mel