[vdr] Re: Demuxing ac3 and create a dvd from it - ac3 track too short ??

Hi Stefan,

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> Hi List ...
>
> in the last day's I try to create a working dvd from a vdr recording with
> one video and 2 audio tracks (ac3 and 2ch mpeg). The good news are that it
> works fine and the video and the 2ch mpeg track are in sync and it's
> possible to switch to the ac3 track ... BUT I can't get the ac3 track in
> sync. The problem ist that the ac3 track is allways too short .... In my
> example the demuxed video and 2ch audio is 09:36 and the ac3 track is
> 09:08.
> I still use vdr 0.95 and a driver from 14. september last year.
> I extracted the ac3 track with the new util "extract_pes_payload" which was
> made by mcm some day's ago.
> I than demuxed the vdr file with pvainstrumento.

I tried pvainstrumento on a .vdr file, but it fails with the new DVB drivers.
(probably because it is no more saved as PVA).
Any way to demux using the new DVB files?

> the ac3 files need to be fixed because it contains crc errors in some
> frames. there is a util aut there named ac3fix which performs that task
> well.
>
> The last thing i've tried was to use vdr to extract the ac3data (via -a cat
> > ac3data) but even it's a bit longer (09:15) it#s unreadable by the dvd
> authoring software ....
>
> If I replay the recording the ac3 track is in sync .. but ac3dec reports
> crc errors sometimes.
>
> Is there anything I could do on my side (like update driver and or vdr) ???
> Does anyone have any idea what causes this or how I can fix it ???

If you go for the new DVB files, then it seems that the recording is done
directly in mpeg format, no more in pva. But then, the MPEG header are not
correct (nominal bit rate set to 15000000).

Take care,
Michel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index