[vdr] Re: addign STB-style timeshifting to VDR

Axel Gruber wrote:

> > If this is supposed to ever enter the main VDR line, it's gotta be a
> > simple solution.
> > I'd hate to end up with a VDR that is potentially unstable just because of
> > one extremely complex feature. Everybody should think very carefully and
> > ask themselves:
> > "do I *really* need all this?".
>
> I think now VDR (for itselve) works realy great ! - Without any big problems
> and itīs nearly perfekt....
>
> But - With this Project you opend Pandoras BOX :-)
>
> Now itīs possible to make anything in your Living-Room (E-Mail, MP3, DIVx,.....) and
> if i look to myselve: I love the VDR and i use it every day - but what i
> also like to do is to try new things like the MP3 Patch or the WEB-Interface.
>
> If iīm able to programm - i have many ideas - what VDR can do in future :-)
>
> I understand the Problem with all the Patches....
>
> And look at me - i still donīt know why VDR deletes all my Recordings (over 500GB) in one
> Night) perhaps it was one of the patches wich made anything wrong.... The risk is at my side....
>
> So just relax and look what people trying to do with "your VDR" and perhaps you see a feature
> wich also you "realy want".....
>
> CU
>
> Axel

I guess there is a misunderstanding here. When I wrote "do I *really* need all this?"
I, of course, was referring to the AUTHOR of such changes, not MYSELF. So in other words:
he who codes such changes should ask himself whether *he* really needs all this.

Klaus