[vdr] Re: addign STB-style timeshifting to VDR

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 10:47:25AM +0100, Anton Schegg wrote:
> I agree with Klaus. Keep it simple.
> Anyway - some enhancements could make watching tv with VDR even more
> exciting:
> Pause: press pause button (could be same as used in replay mode) on your
> remote -> VDR could almost do the same as "Menu - Red" does today.
> In addition to that, VDR could immediately go into play mode of that
> recording, starts playing the first frame and then it pauses. In the
> meanwhile VDR records as usual.

 I think the behaviour of that red key in the main menu can be changed in
the way you described (Why extra keys? a pause key does not exists yet).
Currently if you want to record something in "transfer mode" - the behaviour
is a little crazy (I would call it "bug":-). The picture freezes, and the
recording starts. A small addition (start playing the recording) would be a
good feature, and simple to implement But this would only work with more
than 1 card (should work only if a free card for replay is available).

        Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index