[vdr] Re: exchanging 2nd DVB-S with CAM by two WinTV Novas

René Bartsch wrote:

> hi list,
>
> I'm using my primary DVB-S for watching, replaying and recording and my second DVB-S has a CI/CAM additionally.
>
> Now I'm considering to exchange the second DVB-S with two WinTV Novas and put the CI on the primary DVB-S.
>
> So, VDR should also be able to record Premiere World with the two Novas and use the CI on the DVB-S.
>
> Any problems to be exspected until here?
>
> 1. Can I watch or replay on the DVB-S while recording scrambled PW on the Novas?
>
> 2. When I set the primary DVB-S not to be used for recording, can I although record PW with the Novas and descramble on the DVB-S'
> CI/CAM?
>
> Thanx a lot
>
> Rene

The CAM always has to be connected to the DVB card that is receiving the
encrypted channels. So if you have your CAM connected to the primary DVB card,
only *that* card can receive encrypted channels. Using the CAM with the primary
card also has the downside that after a replay you may no longer be able to
receive any encrypted channels (except the one that was tuned to before
starting the replay). This is due to some driver/firmware flaw. So if you have
more than one DVB card, it's a good idea to connect the CAM to a non-primary
card.

Klaus