[vdr] Re: Memory corruption in eit.c causes crash

On 23 Jan 2002 "Jean-Claude Repetto" <jrepetto@francenet.fr> wrote:

> From: "Stefan Huelswitt" <s.huelswitt@gmx.de>
>
>> in the past I had several crashes of vdr. Most of the time, a
>> backtrace wasn't a great help, as most available pointer etc have
>> been corrupted. Several time the crash occured right at 05:00 in
>> the morning (this is the point were vdr cleans up the epg data).
>> This leads me to eit.c, but I didn't managed to fully understand
>> what is done there. No finally I can serve a usefull trace:
>
> Are you using several DVB boards ? If yes, could you try again with only one
> board, and check if the problem is still present ?

I'm using 2 DVB-S cards. Try with one card ... does you mean I
should remove one card from the system? Well, I won't do that, as
my vdr box is installed into a cabinet and I had to disassemble
the whole equipment to open the case. Far too much work.

If you mean, that I should start vdr with -D 1: this could be an
option, but as the error isn't reproducable quickly this would
mean I had to run days with one card. Not a good solution, too.

But if you're thinking that this is a multi card (maybe multi
thread) problem, we could insert some debuging/safety check
statements at apropriate places and see what happens.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index