[vdr] AW: AW: Re: rmmod modules hangs linux box.

> > > I tried reloading the drivers, as encrypted channels do stop
> > working after
> > > replaying files ( thx to Klaus for telling me in advance ).
> >
> > I think this is still the old problem !
> >
> > I canīt belive that itīs not possible to fix this :-(
> > A simple CAM-Reset would be enough....
> >
> > CU
> >
> > Axel
> >
> Hmm, is it really easy to do ?? I wonder why it is not implemented then ?
>
> Maybe there is more to it ?!

I just found THIS in the dvb.c driver source:

---------------------------------

        case DVB_DEVICE_CA_0:
                switch (cmd) {
                case CA_RESET:

                      break;

                case CA_GET_CAP:

---------------------------------

so sending a CA_RESET would do no good, seems as if the driver needs to be
updated to actually DO a CAM Reset when asked to, otherwise there is nothing
that vdr can do ...

( Or did i get all wrong ?! )

> I grepped the source for "reset" "RESET" "cam" "CAM" but i couldn't find a
> predefined function/method/id/whatever to "quickfix" this, and i
> do not have
> the time ( and brain ? :) to go deeper into the vdr sources ...
>
> Did anyone patch the vdr to DO a CAM-RESET after replay ??
>
> Thanks for any news on this item,
>
> Nils

Home | Main Index | Thread Index