[vdr] Re: CI Support layer

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:26:56 +0100, "Johannes Schoeller"
<schoeller@gmx.at> wrote:

> i don.t think that it helps if you tell us that everything
> is working fine with you. for some ppl this is a serious
> problem, so i think it.s contra-productive to say "i can.t
> understand you... eyerything.s ok here". this sound like
> there is no problem for most of us.

What else can I say?
It is definitely so that everything is working fine here.
I don't know what difference in our configuration causes this problem at
your side.

> BUT i think it.s more ore less on of the last big problems
> regarding the driver that are to be solved.

May be it is a problem with the driver or the firmware, but I didn't
experience it yet.

> btw. i have exactly the same problem. ;) or better. :(
> and: i have a legal subscription that.s no the problem.

Through this discussion we (at least I) have found out that it really
only happens in systems where replay and CAM is at the same card. So it
wasn't fruitless. If there will ever be a fix for this problem, who
knows.

Anyway, for a *pragmatic* solution the cost difference between a not
working and working solution is about 200 EUR, the cost for an
additional (used) DVB-S card. And having an additional card has other
advantages, too.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index