[vdr] Re: option -v

Klaus Gerding wrote:

> hi,
>
> my vdr is now running very nice. but there is one thing...
>
> with the -v option i give my vdr the advice to use several
> mounted disks to store the recordings. i decided not to make
> one big lvm volume to avoid loosing all movies by having a
> hd-crash. but now i saw, that vdr stripes one recording
> across all mounted disks. is there another option to stop
> this behavior?
>
> thanx
> klaus

That's the way it is at the moment.
You'll need to modify VDR/videodir.c to change this behaviour.
Back then I made this approach to have a quick solution, since
several people said they wanted to use more than one HD and
didn't want to create a large volume. I believe it would be
better to use LVM and RAID mechanisms for these things - but
I have no experience with these...

Klaus