[vdr] Re: Display scanning while access recordings

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:22:40 +0100, Margit.Fiegert@t-online.de (M.
Fiegert) wrote:

> 2sec (cache up to date)  vs. 26sec (after waching a recording some
> minutes) in my case.
> Currently there are 390 recordings on Maxtor 5400rpm disks, 4 video
> partitions, K6-2@400.

That is really bad. :(

> Almost half a minute really does reduces the joy of zapping through the
> recordings ;-(
> But its still much better than tapes!!! :-)

May be you should use Axel's solution with running the find every minute
and store the result into a file and just read the content of the file.
The result may not be fully up to date, but this shouldn't really
matter.
Just to warn you:
Be very careful when changing this functionality. I still assume the
Axel lost his recordings because of an error in this part because it is
also used to select the recordings to delete.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index