[vdr] questions, features, problems, bugs ?

Hello,
I oibserved some things that puzzle me:

1. recording a channel with two audio pid's works only if the secondary apid
is used at the point in time where the recording starts. If you start a
minute early (and something that does not use the 2nd apid ist running) only
the prinary apid is recorded for the whole recording.
2. If you have the same channel multiple times in your channels.conf (e.g.
PW sport 1 and F1 studio) and try to record the later entry via the scheduls
menu, the recording defaults to the first channel in the channels.conf and
not to the one you were watching at that time.
3. spaces ' ' in names of recordings are replaced with underscores '_' in
directory names by vdr. Why ? My vdr has no problems if I replace the
underscores with spaces in  the directory.
4. (maybe no vdr related problem) I use the VFAT=1 option in order to use
SMB mounts. But as soon as there are special characters in the recordings
name (e.g. umlaut charcters (ä,ö,ü), sharp s (ß) or single quote (')) I
ambable to see the directories within windows, but cannot access them. I.e.
they are not recognized as directories.

my configuration:
vdr-0.99pre1
AIO-21.01
driver 2001-09-21 (incl. still frame patch)
Siemens DVB-C with CI/CAM

Cheers,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index