[vdr] Re: OT: Cheap STEREO RF-Modulator

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

> quality is ok. i bought a modulator for 2 sources
> that are modulated on one rf-signal and stereo
> sound. i don.t know the name of the product anymore
> but i can look it up. but only if you are interested,
> bec the price is about 200euro. but picture quality
> is REALLY great. :)

I think you mean the rf-modulator from Philips (have the same)
http://produkte.philipsinfoservice.de/cgi-dal/dalcgi2/phprod/01runtime/01main/01main.htm

Very good video quality without any visible noise. Although the stereo
sound is ultra clear without any bandwidth degredation.
And the best is we have a back channel for remote IR control signals.

In case of cheap devices there is always a tradeoff between price and
quality. For some month there was a rf-modulator set at the NORMA
discount for 119.- DM. But here the audio sound was really terrible.
(band limited at 8 kHz).

Wolfi

> servus hannes!
>
> Johannes Schoeller