[vdr] wish: subdir recordings in chronological order

Hello,

Another wish for the recordings menu when "subdirectory view" is used:

My  main  recordings  menu  shows both single recordings and series with
more  entries (subdir option enabled). They are sorted by name, which is
useful  for  me to find a recording in the list. I think it's correct to
sort  by  name,  because of the entries/recordings in the main list have
normally nothing to do with each other.

In  a  subdir,  however,  I  wish  that the recordings are sorted by the
recording  time  and  NOT  in  alphabetical  order.  That's  because the
intuitive  sorting  order  of  some  recordings  of  one  series  is the
chronological one. When I watch the episodes, I ever begin to watch with
the oldest one.

So what I'd like to have is one (or two?) options in the config menu:

  Subdir sorting:        Time | Name
( Recordings sorting:    Time | Name )

The  second  option  is  not  so important, I can live with a default of
"sorting  by  name",  as it is now. But one should carefully think about
implementing it or not if implementing the first.

Bye, Uwe.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index