[vdr] Subdirs and Subtitle - another implementation suggestion

Hello,

Another idea / thing to think about:

- as you know, it's possible to make a timer

  MD----- 18h-19h Simpsons

  and when switching "use subtitles" to "on", VDR stores the episodes in
  subdirs that are named with the subdir title

- but  what  if  I  have to use single timers because of other starting
  times each week, e.g.

  3.2.   18h-19h       Simpsons
  10.2.  18:15h-19:15h Simpsons

  When  I want to "group" this one-time-recordings into a subdir, I only
  can set the timers to

  3.2.   18h-19h       Simpsons~somestring
  10.2.  18:15h-19:15h Simpsons~somestring

  but that dosn't look nice.

Maybe it's an idea not to use the "use subdir" function in the way it is
implemented now but some sort of "macro string".

That means, if I make a timer entry

  10.2.  18:15h-19:15h Simpsons~SUBTITLE

  or

  3.2.   18h-19h       Simpsons~SUBTITLE

the string "SUBTITLE" is replaced.

This  could be more generally used as the present solution, I think.

I don't know if it makes sense to implement also a "TITLE" or some other
macros.

Bye, Uwe.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index