[vdr] Re: error in recording "Dawson's Creek" (Pro7)

Thomas Glomann wrote:

> hi
>
> Syslog gives me the following error message :
>
>   vdr[997]: ERROR: /windows/E/divx/Dawson^As_Creek: Das Argument ist ungültig
>
> What I wanted to do was a usual timer recording of "Dawson's Creek" on German
> Pro7 (Sat. 15:15-16:10). But VDR didn't record anything.  It didn't even
> create the directory in video dir.
> However, VDR claimed to be recording it so I couldn't delete the timer entry
> for Dawson's Creek, but I was able to switch channels, so there was no lock
> on channel switching.
> I am using VDR0.99pre2  and a FAT partition as my video dir. (VDR compiled
> with FAT support)
> I have been observing this behaviour for weeks now. Also VDR0.98 behaves the
> same way.
> However, this only occurs on recording Dawson's Creek, everything else works
> perfectly.
> So what's so special about it ?
> I guess there is a bug in the directory creation function. Maybe the  '  in
> the title causes some problems?
>
> Thanks you your help !
>
> mfg
> dromtom

It is very much likely that the  '  character causes the problem.
However, VDR does map that character to 0x01 (which shows up as ^A in the above
error message).

Maybe this code causes problems on a VFAT system?
Could you try using "Dawsons Creek" in the timer instead (without the ' character)?

You can also try to change the character mapping in VDR/recording.c (see the
array CharExchange[]).

Needless to say that there is no such problem under Linux/ext3... ;-)

Klaus