[vdr] Re: DVD-Navigation

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: DVD-Navigation (04-Feb-2002 22:33)
From:    aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

[]

> >>I had hoped to have fixed that. Which DVD's have you problems with?
> >>
> > As stated before, if i select dvd screen stays black.
>
> Again, all DVD's or just some?

Up to now i tested 2 aio-patches with 2 different dvds
(dvd-files on hdd).

[]

> >>Most DVD's have szene selection menues, that are accessible with the
> >>-nav patches. Might that help?
> >
> > I can jump from scene to scene (without aio-patch).
>
> should still work with the aio-patch.

Of course, but thats not what i need.

> > Because i never found the nav-patches on the net and
> > the aio-patches only showed black screen in dvd-mode
> > i used vdr to replay dvd very rarely.
> >
> > Maybe i have very special needs, but how do you watch dvd ?
>
> very rarely at the moment
>
> > For me it would be optimal if the dvd-replay-behaviour
> > would be the same as the vdr-replay-behaviour, wich means:
> >
> > 1. progress-display
>
> That is not as easy as you migth think and has therefore a very low
> priority.

Its a pity. But if it is hard to implement i understand if you
rather put your focus on other functions, i really thougt that
this is easy to implement.

> > 2. if playback is stopped the next playback-start is at the same point
>
> mhh, good idea, lets see ....

If there is no progress-display and no 'jump-to' function
it would be _very_ helpful if you could implement this.

> > 3. 'jump-to'-function (no 'must' if 2. is there)
>
> normal navigation functions on DVD already provide that.

Where ?
I am thinking of a 'jump-to' function like in vdr-replay (red button)
But if there is no progress-display you dont know where to jump.

> > Don't missunderstand me: It's really great if vdr can replay dvds,
> > but why so uncomfortable (vdr showed how comfortable playback can be).
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "uncomfortable". My goal is to make VDR
> act like a "normal" DVD player (with some extras).

Don't missunderstand me, to implement dvd-replay within vdr is a
great thing, i really appreciate your work.
But for example my simple standalone-dvdplayer resume a dvd where
i stop watching, has a time-progress display and a 'goto' function.

Nevertheless, if you could implement a 'resume-where-stopped' function
this would be a great advantage.

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index