[vdr] Re: System freeze

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Arno Esser wrote:

> > Hello List,
> >
> > tonight my VDR Box just froze while scanning the recordings. Since that
> > time I can't make it run anymore -- the drivers (CVS 2002-01-22) load
> > fine, but every time I start VDR the system freezes totally. I usually
> > use 2 DVB-s and 1 Nova, now I removed the Nova and tried the two DVB-s
> > alone -- same effect. "szap" works fine. Kernel 2.4.17 should be OK, it
> > worked well with VDR since tonight.
> >
> I have the same effect on any attempt to upgrade the kernel to a higher
> version than 2.4.7. With any newer kernel version the system freezes completely
> after 10-20min without any log messages. I tested kernel 10,12,16 and 17 with
> the same effect. So perhaps you have an old configuration to downgrade.

Another me 2 !

My vdr box freezes sometimes (i.e. doesn't react on keyboard, ping or
anything) while it is recording. This happens every once in a while (not
reproducible), no signs in log files -- everything just stops... :-(

I'm using:

linux 2.4.17
vdr-0.99 (upt to pre5)
various snapshots of the DVB driver up to Klaus file (no freeze yet).

Perhaps it is really related to the kernel version. I will  try an older
version as soon as the first freeze with pre5 and the related
driver appears.

bye, ju

Home | Main Index | Thread Index