[vdr] Re: comedian kills vdr (was: system freezes)

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Thilo Wunderlich wrote:

> > It is very reliable, very mature, performs very well and
> > comes with a bunch of useful tools.
>
> I have to agree with this. I just setup some machines with the
> Red Hat 7.2 XFS installation CD (from SGI) and it works like a charm.
> To test it, I just turned off the machine and had no problems after the
> reboots.

At the risk of a "metoo" - I have XFS on top of LVM.  I had one 75GB
drive.  I added a 60GB drive, expanded the logical volume containing my
video files, quick xfs_growfs and voila.  Plus, trouble-free, fast fsck,
good performance.

What more could you want?

Steve

Home | Main Index | Thread Index