[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Re: Re: Splitting the list instead of newsgroup

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 10:20:10PM +0100, Axel Gruber wrote:
> > I like the list as it is.
> > For me, any changes would be a waste of energy.
>
> I think if there are both - NEWS-SERVER-List and Mailing-List
> and both systems work togehter - this would be great...
>
> But not 2 different lists.....

Hi,

for 2 people (Axel and me) I think the mail2news gateway is a little
bit overkill. I assume that at the beginning there can be troubles -
duplicate postings, no threading of messages (is the message-id of the
mailinglist identical to news message-id's?) and much more.
Normally I am not a pessimist, but I know Murphys laws ;-)
 So if I have time I can take a look at that, but it will run with low
priority. For tests I would like to have a test mailinglist test@linuxtv.org
that behaves the same as the vdr list. Hi, convergence people is it possible
to create such a list?

        Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index