[vdr] Re: VDR, DVD and DTS

Hello list,

I have just found the anwsers myself ,-)

vdr@linuxtv.org schrieb am 09.02.02:
> Hello list,
>
> I have got a AV-receiver now and connected it with my vdr-box via SPDIF (winfast 6x soundcard). So it is now possible to play DVD's with DD5.1.
>
> But I have still a few problems:
> - DTS is not working. I tried the ac3dec parameters -C, -P and -R but nothing worked.
> Was somebody able to get DTS output?

>From libdvdread FAQ:
9. There is no audio.
Make sure you have chosen an ac3 audio stream, (mpeg and dts currently don't work). Start Ogle with GUI. Click on the loudspeaker and select the any AC3 audio stream.

> - normal analog audio is only coming out of the analaog soundcard output, but I am unable to route that to the spdif output. (in that case cat /proc/modules shows that the alsa drivers are _not_ used). I am using a CVS alsa version from the 5.2.2002.

Mixer does not provide that feature.
Does anybody has an idea whether a SPDIF to TTL hardware converter is available somewhere?
Or does DVB-c provide a TTL digital output (beside spdif)?

cheers,
Swen

Darf es ein bisschen mehr sein? Mehr Speicher, mehr Mail, mehr Erlebnis,
mehr Leistung, mehr Prämie unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021102

Home | Main Index | Thread Index