[vdr] Re: delete recording that's actually recorded

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> mail@uwe-freese.de(Uwe Freese)  14.02.02 16:41
>
> Once upon a time Uwe Freese shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >  recording is  active, timer is a weekly timer
> >      ->
> > stop timer only for this day,
>
> (To be precise: "Until one digit after it's current endtime")
>
> > delete this recoding,
> > timer should start the next time.
>
> Yes,yes,yes! :-)
>
> Currently it's a horror without VPS :-)
> Almost all recordings were .... "carneval in germany"...
>
> And:
> Often i can watch the programm i am recording, so
> i could stop the timer earlier.
> the timer end time overlaps with the next timer, so VDR else
> switches away the primary card for these only 3 minute overlap...
> A simple "stop current timer for now" would ease use a lot for
> owners of only one to two cards.
>
> Rainer

I'll try to come up with a solution for this over the weekend (well, time
permitting).

The basic idea I'm having is to extend the timer's "day" parameter so
that for a periodic timer one can define the first date on which that
timer shall record, as in

1:2:-----S-@2002-02-16:2205:2335:50:5:Wochenshow:

The "magic" is in the "@2002-02-16" following the usual "-----S-",
which could be read as "start at 2002-02-16.

A function to temporarily disable a timer could then simply add the "@..."
part with a date for the next day. The "Edit Timer " menu will be extended
accordingly to allow defining this parameter.

Klaus