[vdr] Re: Magically "Fast Forward" while replaying "Das Fünfte Element"

Mirko Dölle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> replaying the opera scene of "Das Fünfte Element" (The Fitht Element) from the
> recording on Pro 7 on sunday 20:15, a strange effect occures, reproducable and
> in any cutted or copied version:
> Short after the scene changes from view on the Diva to Leeloo, there is a
> short whisteling sound and afterwards VDR is on fast forward. With activated
> multispeed it goes to speed one of multispeed, if multispeed is deactivated it
> does fastest forward winding. Along with this, the sound is cut off.
>
> Except from the too fast increase of the current time position there is no
> mention about the fast forward in the OSD, so the normal play ">" sign is
> shown. Also strange: Even after pause it will remain in fast forward.
>
> With multispeed enabled, if I pause the replay and do a slow-backward winding
> for a few seconds and start the replay, it will start with the scene change
> from the Diva to Leeloo and does the fast forward winding again.
> If I do the slow-backward winding some seconds later, when the scene has
> changed to the Diva again, and then press play again, it will run in normal
> speed.
>
> For debugging purposes I put a small 24 second slice of the mentioned scene on
>   http://www.linvdr.org/download/ff-bug/DasFuenfteElement.tgz
> It's about 12 MBytes big and contains the complete directory including video
> file, index, summary and marks as gzipped tar.
>
> I'm currently running vdr 0.99-pre5 with the dvb driver from 20020202, due to
> only one sat cable currently permanently in transfer mode with two cards
> (primary: Hauppauge WinDVB-s for replay, secondary: Fujitsu-Siemens DVB-s v1.3
> for recordings with the sat cable connected).
>
> Any suggestions what's going wrong there? Could anybody proof the effect on
> his own vdr, or is this only my problem?
>
> With best regards,
>   Mirko Dölle

At offset 1865394 in this file there are some strange packets with id 0xDB, and
further down there are some with 0xDF, all of which are considered audio packets
but probably have no meaningful contents.

I can't say how these packets made it into the recording.
Has anybody else observed this problem with his/her recording of this
movie?

BTW: I have listed the file with my tool from ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/xlist.c

With the command

  xlist 001.vdr | grep audio | less

you can see the false audio packets.

Klaus