[vdr] Re: AC3 over DVB-s is possible - Part2

> Hello,
>
> as I promised last week,
> now AC-3 over Digital Output (SPDIF) for DVB-S is reality (recordings
> and DVD playback).
> Of course if the recordings doesn't include any AC-3 data the SDPIF
> output will be operate like before (raw PCM).
> I'm using DVB-S version 2.1 (Hauppage)

Hi,
this would be great if it really works.
I will try that the next days, but i've a 1.3 DVB-s. Will it work there,
too?
Also i've heard that the output level is 3Vss (not conforming to the
SPDIF specs).
Should I build a voltage divider with 2 resistors, or doesn't that matter.
(formerly my SB-live had no problem to accept the signal)

cu
Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index