[vdr] Re: j2 connector (s-video output)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:19:15 +0100, "Marton, Walter"
<Walter.Marton@fme.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Iīm fighting with the same problem after modifying
> my Hauppauge 1.3 dvbs-card to S-Video output -
> running picture (bad syncro?) and unstable colors.
> As far as it runs under Windows, I suppose it isnīt
> a driver problem, but signal level - perhaps too low.
> Does anybody make similar experience?
> Has anybody the s-video-signal-level-specification of
> the dvb-card? Perhaps it needs only some buffering,
> since my cable is 10m long...

I also have about 10 m cable for s-video at my card. But you have be
very careful in order to prevent signal corruption. Currently I use a
very short flat cable and use mini sat coax cable to the receiver. It is
also not possible to use both the normal composite output an the signals
of the internal connector. They seem not be separately buffered. The
quality with this setup is fine except that image on my projector seems
not to be as sharp as I am used to from my Humax.

The best solution will probably be to add a s-video connector to the
card panel and make this short connection with a thin koax cable. Then a
good s-video cable can be used for the about 10 m. This is probably what
I will do somtimes in the future.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index