[vdr] Re: VDR mp3 suggestions

On 19 Feb 2002 ma.hoff@t-online.de (Martin Hoffmann) wrote:

> first of all i like to say that i'm referring to mp3 patch 0.33 (maybe the
> actual is already different !?)...

Yes, of course the current version is different :-)

> It would be nice if the mp3 menu could display "loading" or something when
> vdr is waiting on the cd-rom drive (e.g. cd-rom is already spin down, and you
> select a mp3 or simply enter the mp3 menu from the main menu - now the osd
> doesn't change until the drive is spin up :-( That's somehow annoying - you
> do not know if vdr already noticed your key pressed - you see ..?)

Personaly I have no problem with that behaviour. I'll have too
look how this could be done. Appending to the TODO list.

> If i "walk" through the menus while mp3 playback the sound often "stutters" -
> like a buffering problem !? Or is this a general issues with the osd ? Is
> there some buffer size that could be improved ?

No, it's a general OSD problem. I know that there is some work in
progress regarding the OSD problems with DVD subtitels and may be
this fixes the problem, too.

> Sometimes after mp3 playback the sound is gone in live viewing (until channel
> switching) - i remember this was an issue long ago (?) - is this already
> solved ?

The problem is still there and I don't know how to solve it. Any
hints/solutions welcome.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan