[vdr] Re: shell/awk script to get info from vdr files

Hi,

I wrote the scripts and need Info, because i want to do following
make a DivX movie from vdr with ac3 sound.
At the moment you cant do this with mencoder, so i'll search for another tool and
found transcode, with transcode you can build divx, svcd vcd and other formats,
but A/V is not sync, and if you tell transcode to sync the movies it will abort
with an error that there was not valid stream found. If you sync the movie with
pvastrumento, A/V is sync, but you loose ac3 sound. And i want to do this with a
Linux tool and didn't find one.
When playing around with mencoder if recognized that there you can get PTS
information for video and audio, and they have the same values as in
pvastrumento.
So if i want to encode a VDR movie to DivX, SVCD or another transcode support, i
have to know the PTS difference. If i transcode to SVCD i need ms difference
between audio and video, if i transcode to DivX i solved it with parameter -C
where you can say with which audio frame the first video frame will be sync'd,
you can do this because every frame is 40ms in divx and if you got a delay with
400 ms you have to sync the first video with the tenth audio frame.

But your right if i got no ac3 i can use mencoder to get the divx movie, but on
my two machines mobile Pentium III 850 and a AMD Duron 800 its really much faster
than mencoder, and the movies encoded with mencoder are normally a little bigger
than the one with transcode, so i think the bitrate i calculated gets better
values for transcode

Hope this is enough information why i wrote the script and want to have the
informations.
If you want to know more feel free to mail me

Gerald

Martin Hoffmann schrieb:

> > could you send me your scripts, too?
>
> I'll put the 2divx scripts up on some webspace these days - unfortunately my
> spaceports account seems to be closed :-(
> So I'll first have to look for some free space
>
> The current version is still using pvastrumento in Wine which will be dropped
> in any future releases - but if you don't like that you can easily comment it
> out ...
>
> Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index