[vdr] Re: Werkstofffragen

> You can also use some felt buttons usually used by furniture. I just put
> them on the housings of my drives were they have contact with the main
> housing.

How do they look like? (send PM picture please)

Eventually it's possible to place all fans (including the power supply one)
on such buttons, i thought to use rubber-bolts (suggested on an other site),
but they are to expensive about 3,50 per piece.

One could also use oil as coolant - just make some cooling "blocks" fitting
at the original places and interconnect them with plastic hoses, a pump and a
small heat exchanger at the back side of the casing.

The advantage of oil is it's electrical insulation - you can use just one
circuit for all parts to cool inside the casing.

Especially the high voltage parts in the power supply would be dangerous to
interconnect with water hoses...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index