[vdr] Re: How to rename recordings?

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>> It's no fault of Master-Timer. The "KurzSchluss" scenario can't be handled
>> without VDR being capable of renaming recordings I think.
> What exactly is the "KurzSchluss" scenario?

KurzSchluss is a transmission typically consisting of several short films
(Kurzfilmmagazin auf ARTE). Without being able to rename recordings you
cannot cut this properly (or at least I don't know how ;-). Problem is
that there is not way of cutting one recording to more than one
destination recording. Would be no problem if it was possible to rename
cutted recordings.

I think best thing would be to add an options screen to every recording in
which you are able to adjust its parameters (just as it is possible for
timers).  This way it's possible to adjust not only the recording's name
but also its priority AFTER recording which may be handy in case you
realize a recording you thought of not to be very important is worth to be
kept.

I hope I made myself clear ;-).

Regards

Home | Main Index | Thread Index