[vdr] Re: Automatic Shutdown while logged in

Am Dienstag, 26. Februar 2002 23:10 schrieben Sie:
> Hello,
>
> after producing a coaster while being remotely logged into my VDR
> machine i feel motivated to describe the (little) problem:
>
> VDR is switched on, and i am logged in with telnet and NFS from my other
> computer. vdr is started using the -s option. There is no easy
> possibility to access the remote control (different floor). Of course,
> vdr shuts down after Setup.MinUserInactivity minutes, which is,
> according to Murphy's law, in the middle of a CD burning activity.
>
> What would be needed is a protection against shutdown while being logged
> into vdr.
>
> Solutions:
>
>  o SVDRP is also used for LastActivity.
>    Currently the svdrp.c code takes a timestamp to decide
>    when the port has a timeout, but does not update the
>    LastActivity from vdr.c
>
>    For this solution, it is necessary to periodically restart the
>    SVDRP session from the main computer.
>
>  o Before shutting down, vdr checks if there is someone logged in, e.g.
>    by doing "who". If there is someone logged in, the LastActivity is
>    reset.
>
>    This would be the preferred solution, as one can be logged in
>    indefinitely, thus preventing shutdown. After logout, the usual
>    Setup.MinUserInactivity handling shuts the VDR down.
>
> What do you think ?
>
>  - Thomas

You simply should have to modify/disable your shutdown-script while logged
in. This can be done automatically by a script checking who is logged in. You
can run this periodically by cron.

Christoph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index