[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Volume level with dvb-s

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> ulope@gmx.de(Ulrich Petri)  04.03.02 23:04
>
> Once upon a time Ulrich Petri shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >I have my dvb-s connected to my tv with the "on card" stereo-out
>
> How is your TV connected to the DVB-Board, exactly?
> (Adapthers, switches etc.)
> Is it a stereo TV?

It is directly connected with a RCA("Chinch") Audio (stereo 2 RCA's) &
Video -to-SCART cable

> >Under Linux with siemens-0.9.4 (also 0.9.3) driver, the
> >sound level is very low (the noises are nearly louder than the
> >signal).
>
> IAW: You have a very bad Signal/Noise ratio?

Yes

> >(In my vdr setup.conf CurrentVolume is 255.)
>

> >I also use the same pc under Win with Multidec 8.0
> >and WinDVBLive.
> >With both progs the Volume level is "normal".
>
> Emm, is the signal now louder or is only the noise missing?

The Signal is very mouch louder and therefore the SNR is lower

> Do you have a stereo plug (stereo klinken stecker) ?
> What happens if you pull out the audio plug very slowly?
>
> If you have "Cinch"(RCA) what does happen when you use only
> one or the other?

Then i hear a mono version of the Noises :)
(If you are talking about 50Hz loop or sometinhg it is not)

> Do you use the right DAC parameter for the DVB driver?
> (Can't be the problem...)

Actually it seems to be the problem i will try the patch by Meinrad
Sauter( 2 Postst before) and see if it gets better.

> >TT DVB-s rev. 2.1
> >Siemens-0.9.4 driver
> >RedHat 7.1 with custom Kernel 2.4.17

Cu Ulrich