[vdr] VDR as a master's thesis work

Hi all,

I discocvered VDR a couple of days ago, and as we lacked ideas for a
master's thesis, we decided to make a couple of topics about VDR
(especially about Human/computer interface). And besides, it's cool and
I want one in my office :)

If it works, we'll have (published on the net) a howto make your own VDR
with CD/DVD burner, mp3/DivX player, modem/network remote management,
and whatever else we could imagine.

My problem is the following : we have (supposedly :) a cable-TV network
inside our building, so I'm looking for a DVB-C card. The website from
hauppauge.de says nothing about DVB-C, although reichelt.de seems to
have one in it's catalog (but showing the picture of a DVB-S card...)

So, what card should I get in order to build a VDR in here ? Does the
Hauppauge DVB-C card still/already exist ?

Thanks,
Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)        Matthieu Weber - Université de Jyväskylä         (~._.~)
  ( ? )                email : mweber@mit.jyu.fi                  ( ? )

Home | Main Index | Thread Index