[vdr] Re: script to convert multiple *vdr to cd-sized *avi

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:53:05 +0100
"Richard Reuters" <Richard.Reuters@web.de> wrote:

> I use a similar script for converting vdr to divx. I use mencoder [...] So I can
> set the bitrate for the movie to fit on 1, 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 CD. It is
> guaranteed that a minumum bitrate is used. So movies can be archived in an
> economc way :-). [...]

hi,

i've read your script a was impressed your skills. my script above looks much more hacky than your does. but the way to use pvastrumento and transcode seems to result in better quality for myself, because i don't have to press the whole movie on one cdrom and can use my preffered bitrate-settings. the splitting-feature guarantizes the chunk-size.
but the suggestion to use some bitrate-calculation to enable an one-cd-size option makes sense.

how about syncing-problems in mencoder? are video and audio streams full synchronised like the pvastrumento does it in excellent way? are there cutting borders and resizing options further more?
i 've tried mencoder in early stage but was not impressed too much.

regards,
Andreas Reichel

 Andreas Reichel                                 +49 0174-3262-499  :Phone
 Hasenweg 2c                              andreas.reichel@i-kit.de  :Email
 D-04463 Grosspoesna, Germany                         www.i-kit.de  :HTTP

-- Type: application/pgp-signature

Home | Main Index | Thread Index