[vdr] Re: Two DVB-Cards

flood@flood-net.de(Andreas Roedl)  08.03.02 17:22

Once upon a time Andreas Roedl shaped the electrons to say...

>Hello!

>Am Freitag, 8. März 2002 15:50 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:

>> BTW:
>> Yesterday i forgot to mention again, that "One Koax-Cable (LNB)
>> Systems" have to turn "EPG scan" off! It's a MUST!
>> Else VDR will use the free card for EPG scans and that will
>> interrupt watching vertically polarized tranmissions after a few
>> seconds.
>> That will lead to an unexpected "black screen" on N-tv, Sat.1 etc.
>> while not-recording.

>Aha! But how do I get the EPG data anyway?

You'll get all EPGs of all programs on the currently selected
transponder. One transponder tranmits more than one channel.
If you switch the transponder (not just the channel)
you may have to wait some seconds until the EPG will be completed.

The "EPG scan" switches the unused automatically from transponder to
transponder to collect all EPGs of all transponders to avoid
this little delay.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index