[vdr] Re: script to convert multiple *vdr to cd-sized *avi

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 12:44:32 -0000
"Simon Dean" <linux-dvb@sickhack.com> wrote:

> > BITRATE=$(( ${CDSIZE} * ${CDCOUNT} * 204800 / ${FRAMES} ))
> > MOVIE_BITRATE=$(( ${BITRATE} - ${AUDIO_BITRATE} ))
>
> I haven't read either scripts and I don't know whether you are encoding
> using a variable bitrate codec but if you are then the above formula
> would be invalid and you would need multiple encoding passes to produce
> accurate file sizes.
>
> Simon

hallo Simon,

please point out detailed, where i'm wrong.
the script uses two-pass encoding with vbr, and i've tried encode three movies when i published this.
but i know, i'v never hit the point exactly (but i missed it on the safe side everytimes) -- all my two cd sized movies need only 630-650 mbyte on the second cd, so about 50mb were wasted senseless.
can you guess, what i've done wrong? how to make it better? please help me, thanx a lot.

greetings,
Andreas

 Andreas Reichel                                 +49 0174-3262-499  :Phone
 Hasenweg 2c                              andreas.reichel@i-kit.de  :Email
 D-04463 Grosspoesna, Germany                         www.i-kit.de  :HTTP

-- Type: application/pgp-signature

Home | Main Index | Thread Index