[vdr] AIO Patch and AC3=1

Hi !

Until last weekend I had an old version of VDR running (0.8x or so).
And I was absolutely satisfied.
Now I had decided to upgrade to pre3 and the corresponding AIO version.
Also everything runns fine.

Only with the AC3 function Iam a little bit confused: For my understanding
for
live viewing there is no AC3 supported on the SPDIF of the DVB.

AC3 is only supported for DVD and playback of recordings (only PRO7
broadcasts AC3).
Is this true ?
Is PR7 always broadcasting AC3 coded movies or only sometimes ?
Does Pay TV (Premiere) broadcast AC3 ?

I have a sony receiver (it has the capability of AC3 decoding) connected to
the SPDIF of the DVB.
But it never tells me that there is a Dolb Digital Signal. It shows always
"PCM 48khz" also on recordings of PRO7.

Can anybody clarify above questions, or give me a hint how I can check if
AC3=1 switch works well.

thanks
bb

Home | Main Index | Thread Index