[vdr] Re: VDR & Deinterlacing

On Tuesday, 5. March 2002 16:33, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't tried yet, but this sounds interesting if you use a projector
> and want full frames
>
> http://xaw-deinterlace.sourceforge.net/
>
> Some kind of "dscaler"?

Mmm, had a look at that and could compile it, but did'nt found a way to
choose the plugin in xawtv...

anyway - looked at the sources of the "deinterlacing"-functions and on
"Greedy2F" from the dscaler package and i think all those routines are not
really deinterlacing - they are just interpolating in various ways,
effectively throwing away half the data :-(

That way it would effectively be the same setting the video-dev to half
vertical resolution and let the xv-hardware scaler do it alone...

I think of an "shifting" algorithm, that just _moves_ the lines in place.
Something like motion detection and compensation.
Did someone found such one already?

Guido

Home | Main Index | Thread Index