[vdr] Re: Server-side-cutting

Hello Cornelius,

i use also a fileserver based configuration with two cards.
I record a clip with the first card, watch the same clip with the second one and start a cutting process, while recording,  without any problems -  but a switched 100Mbit ethernet is a must.
Ntop shows a data rate of about 35Mbit/sec. in this "very special" case

Fileserver: PII400 IDE/UDMA33 LVM/ReiserFS 	Client: AMD K6-2/450

Sorry, but i think it is not necessary to split vdr.

  Christoph

--
"... and all the hippies work for IBM or take control ..."
Joe Jackson - Big World, 1987

Home | Main Index | Thread Index